A Happy Camper 72 Hour Emergency or Preppers List
- Durable, Water-resistant Duffel Bag
- Frame Pack
- Day Back Pack = Bug Out Bag
- Trash Can (Put everything in it. Then add dolly = Portable! When the kids get tired you can put them in it and hall them around once you have handed out all the backpacks!)
Food & Water
- 3-5 gallons of water stored for sanitation and drinking per person.
- Method of water purification (Boiled or purification tablets)
- 72 hours of food
- Warmth & shelter
- Windproof/waterproof matches
- Second method of starting a fire
- 3 day supply of food & water per person when no refrigeration/cooking is available
- Protein /granola bars
- Crackers / cereals (For munching)
- Canned tuna, beans, meat, vienna sausages, jerky, ect.
- Canned juice (pop can may leak)
- Candy / gum (Jolly ranchers can melt, and mint gum can flavor the other items)
- Radio with batteries or radio with alternate power sources
- Cell phone with chargers 12 volt and 110 volt
- Solar cell phone charger
- Pre-paid phone cards
- Make sure you have enough mediation for at least a week.
- At least $40 -$200
- You would want $1 bills, $5 bills and $10 bills only!
- Cell phones may be down for a while.
- You might even need cash for the gas in your car for a few days and we have learned they do not give change back!
- Copies of documents important papers to your family (such as birth certificates, marriage licenses, wills, insurance forms)
- Phone numbers you might need, family and friends.
- Credit card info
- Games, books, & hard candy
- Small toys, paper, pen, favorite blanket etc...
- Baby powder
- Blanket and a spare
- Bottles / formula
- Diapers disposable
- Pre/moistened towelettes
- Teething ring
- Extra cloths
- Plastic bags for the bad stuff!
Equipment & Personal Items
- Tooth brush / paste / dental floss
- No-rinse shampoo
- Toilet paper
- Sanitary napkins
- Towel / washcloth
- Comb / brush
- Emergency stove & fuel
- Knife / fork / spoon
- Sierra cup
- Mess kit
- Pad & pencil
- Duct tape
- Emergency tent / shelter
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping bag
- Emergency reflective blanket
- Hand & body warming packs
- Emergency poncho
- Light sources
- Light stick
- Head lamp
- Pocket knife
- Hatchet / ax / saw
- 50 foot of nylon rope
- Heavy duty rubber gloves
- surgical masks
- trash bags
- Map of area
- Emergency signaling mirror
- Extra batteries
- Food / food and water bowl
- Leash & collar
- Toys / chew bone
- 1 Gal. of water for dogs per day
- 1 Pint of water for cats per day
- Animal carriers!
Things to do long before the emergency
- Take pictures of your home inside and out. Make sure you take pictures of all important things that you can not take with you. Like antiques, pictures, jewelry, guns, etc..
- Put them on a CD or a memory stick! That way you will have a copy of what was in your home at the time