Dutch Oven Soup & Stew
5 1/2 cups of Chicken Broth
1 3/4 lbs Russet Potatoes
2 cups chopped Carrots
1 cup chopped Dill Pickles
1/2 cup unsalted Butter
1/2 cup Flour
1 cup Sour Cream
1/4 cup Water
2 cups Dill Pickle Juice
1 1/2 teaspoon table Salt
1/2 teaspoon coarsely Ground Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Optional garnishes: sliced dill pickles, fresh dill, and black pepper
2 tbs Olive Oil
2 cups Onions diced
4 Garlic Cloves minced
6 cups chopped Hatch Green Chili’s
1 28 oz can diced Tomatoes drained
2 cups Green Giant frozen Corn
2 cups peeled and diced Potatoes
1 rotisserie Chicken chopped
8 cups College Inn chicken broth
2 tbs McCormick Cumin
1 tbs Chimayo Red Chili Powder (or other red chili to your liking)
2 tbs Hatch Green Chili Powder (optional, use it if you have it)
2 tsp Morton Salt
1 tsp Pepper
¼ Wondra Flour by Gold Medal or Cornstarch - use 1/2 the amount mixed with water to form a paste
1 bunch Cilantro chopped
1. In a separate pot of salted water add peeled and diced potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook until almost cooked through. About 10 minutes. Strain and set aside.
2. Heat up olive oil in bottom of a large Dutch Oven. Add onions and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add garlic, green chili, and tomatoes.
3. Stir in salt and pepper, cumin and ground chili.
4. Add chicken broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. In the meantime, remove meat from the rotisserie chicken and chop into bite size pieces.
6. Add chicken, corn, and potatoes into chili.
7. Add flour to thicken and cook for another 10 minutes.
8. Stir in chopped cilantro and serve.
By Mark Stubli