- 2 pounds Elk Steak
- All-purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 can (15 ounces) Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine or Beef Broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup diced Onion
- 1/2 cup diced Green Pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe Olives, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh Mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese, optional
- Cooked Noodles
- Dredge elk steak lightly in flour; shake off excess. Melt butter in a 12” regular Dutch oven; brown steak on both sides. Combine the next nine ingredients; pour over steak.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until cooked to desired tenderness. If desired, place cheese over steak before serving. Serve over noodles.
If you would like a PDF file to the Dutch Oven Recipes “Elk” Scroll down until you see the recipe and then look at the bottom of recipe. See PDF and click on that and you are off and printing.