Aquamira Water Treatment 2 oz.
- Treats up to 60 gallons
- No Aftertaste!!
Aquamira 2 oz. Water Treatment kills bacteria while enhancing the taste of treated water.
Each kit come in easy to pour bottles making it the ideal options for treating bulk amounts of water for emergency or recreational use.
Features and Benefits
- Kills odor causing bacteria and enhances the taste of stored potable water.
- Controls the buildup of slime in water storage containers
- Once treated with Aquamira Water Treatment, and left sealed, stored water has a 5 year shelf life
- Treatment has a 4 year shelf life from manufacturing date
- Treats up to 60 gallons
- Easy to Use
- No Aftertaste
- Made in the USA!
- EPA Reg. No. 71766-1
- Once treated with Aquamira Water Treatment, and left sealed, stored water has a 5 year shelf life.
Chlorine dioxide is generated when the Aquamira® Water Treatment comes in contact with water. Chlorine dioxide is iodine and chlorine free. The unique formula works by releasing nascent oxygen, a highly active form of oxygen, which is a strong oxidant and a powerful germicidal agent. Chlorine dioxide has been used by municipal water treatment plants to kill a variety of waterborne pathogens since the late 1940s. Unlike free chlorine (familiar as household bleach) or other halogen chemicals (such as iodine), chlorine dioxide does not create potentially harmful by-products.Aquamira’s key benefits are clearly evident when compared to the other common portable water treatment chemicals such as iodine. Chlorine dioxide is a significantly stronger oxidant than iodine, with greater pathogen killing power. Unlike iodine, chlorine dioxide kills protozoan cysts such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia which are responsible for over 80% of waterborne illnesses. Chlorine Dioxide does not discolor water, nor does it give water an unpleasant taste. In fact, chlorine dioxide is often used to improve the taste of water by neutralizing unpleasant flavors.
- Best Use: Emergency Preparedness, Backpacking, Campers, Motor Homes, RV’s, Trailer, Boats, & Home/Emergency Water Storage
- Filter Type: Drops
- Active Ingredient(s): Part A: 2% aqueous solution of chlorine dioxide; Part B: phosphoric acid
- Removes/Destroys: Protozoa and Bacteria
- Output: 60 Gallons
- Weight: 5.9 ounces
- Includes part A and part B drops that you mix together before adding to water; each bottle contains 2 fl. oz.
- Chlorine dioxide is iodine and chlorine free and has been used by municipal water treatment plants to kill a variety of waterborne pathogens since the late 1940s
- Chlorine dioxide has been shown to remove greater than 99.9% of bacteria, viruses and cysts, including cryptosporidium and giardia
- Chlorine dioxide does not discolor water or give it an unpleasant taste
- Treatment has 4-year long shelf life from manufacture date.
1. Place Equal amounts of Part A & Part B into a clean cup to pre-mix
2. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes to ensure full activation. It will turn a nice Yellow and smells funny!!
3. Add to water. Shake or stir and let stand for 15 minutes or more. If water is very cold or turbid, let stand for 30 minutes.
4. Water is now ready for use!! If you are using this in a storage situation it will be good for upto 5 years!!